Thursday, April 11, 2013

Chevrons & Bows



This is my second manicure for #bluenailsforautism. I was inspired by my phone case. It's a very light blue with a pink bow in the corner. I thought this was a perfect opportunity to use one of my new polishes, Essie - Bikini So Teeny as well as China Glaze - Fairy Dust. 



From what I've seen in pictures, sometimes Fairy Dust ruins a beautiful manicure. I didn't want the glitter to be too dominant, I wanted the focus to be on the blue chevrons and the bows. To do this I jelly sandwiched Fairy Dust between two coats of OPI - Bubble Bath. Compared to Essie - Sugar Daddy this polish is a tad more opaque, and it's more of a taupe than a pink. It's hard to see Fairy Dust in these pictures but you can definitely see it in person and I think it's very pretty. 

Bikini So Teeny is a gorgeous colour, although I think the formula is pretty thick for Essie. It's got a very slight shimmer to it so it's not just a plain creme. The stickers I used are from Konad. I was originally going to try doing the bows myself before I remembered I had these stickers. They saved me because I'm terrible at bows! 

This picture is what Bikini So Teeny looks like IRL. 



You can see Fairy Dust a little better in this picture and there's the bottle in the background! 



Here are my nails with my phone case... This photo was really hard to take cause I was too lazy to get my camera out or ask to borrow one of my friend's phones. I know Bikini So Teeny doesn't actually match the case (Sally Hansen - Barracuda is probably an almost perfect match) but I still think it's really pretty! 




Do you think chevrons look okay on my almond shaped nails? At first I was really iffy but now I think I really like it. They make my nails look way longer!

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment