Tuesday, April 02, 2013

World Autism Awareness Day

April is Autism Awareness Month in the USA and other countries. April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day. In spirit of that we are supposed to wear blue! Of course, I wanted to paint my nails blue as well. This deemed the perfect opportunity to use a couple polishes I've been meaning to try for a while! 

The first untried polish I have is Revlon - Royal. It's a deep royal blue jelly. The second polish is Revlon - Heavenly. This one is iridescent glitters in a clear base - predominantly square glitters but also a few hex. 



I started by using two coats of Royal over my base coat. The first coat was absolutely beautiful, it looked like a completely different colour than the bottle. The second coat evened everything out. Application was very good. 

I then put on a thick coat of Heavenly so there were enough glitters on my nails. There is a decent amount of glitter in this polish and I didn't have any trouble with placement. For the first nail, Heavenly applied very well. After that it got extremely thick - it barely moves in the bottle now. In the bottle it appears to have a slightly milky base however it dries clear. 

I put a thin coat of Royal on top and topped my mani off with a coat of Seche Vite. I could have added a second coat of Seche Vite to smooth the bumps even more, so I may do that today. 






What sorts of designs have you done or will you do for autism awareness? The symbol for autism is a puzzle piece so later this month I'm going to be doing a blue puzzle piece mani! 

This is my favourite jelly sandwich, I really think my nails look like gems! 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment