Friday, March 29, 2013

Easter Nails

I was so so so excited to finally be able to do Easter nails! I didn't really do anything for New Years or Valentine's Day, and I don't like green so although my St. Patrick's Day nails were pretty cool I took them off the next day. 

When I think of Easter I think of mini eggs! I love how pastels look together so I knew I could do something really pretty. Since filing my nails into almonds I've come to realize it's an awful shape for a LOT of designs. Lines or anything geometrical especially. It's really annoying :( BUT... they are the PERFECT SHAPE FOR EASTER EGGS! So naturally that's what I had to do. I really wanted a random assortment of egg designs and colours, so I picked 5 Easter colours and planned out my eggs on paper. 

I really love how my Easter eggs turned out. Each one is a different colour, with a different pattern of lines, zigzags and dots. These nails look even cooler from far away! Well, when I stick my hands out and admire them. 


Polishes used:
Blue: Orly - Snowcone, Yellow: Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow, Purple: Essie - Playdate, Turquoise: China Glaze - Aquadelic, Pink: Orly - Cotton Candy


After I planned out my Easter eggs I saw a picture of little chicks in eggs! I thought that was adorable so I decided I'd do it on my right hand. I also love how these turned out! They're so cute! I don't have many yellow polishes so I was a little worried the chicks would look a little odd but the yellow I used dried darker and it ended up looking even better than in the bottle. I forgot to bring black and orange polishes to my mom's so thankfully her and my sister had some! 

Polishes used: 
Yellow: Sally Hansen - Lightening, Black: Wet 'n' Wild - Black, Orange: NYC - 112A (don't know the name) 


To create all the designs I used my dotting tools. I put two coats of Seche Vite on because the designs made my nails a bit bumpy. 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment