Sunday, August 04, 2013

Nail Art August Day 2: Re-Creation

Today's nail art challenge is to do a re-creation. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be of your own manicures or someone else's, I guess the option is up to you, but I chose to re-create one of my own. 



I think tuxedo nails are so cute, and they were one of the first designs I ever did! This was before I had dotting tools, so I used a toothpick. The polishes I used were Pure Ice - China Girl (pink) and NOPI - Positive Energy (silver). I freehanded the tips and used dotting tools for the buttons and bows. 


Although this mani basically looks the same, I do think it's a little better. I now clean up my manis for a start. Also, in the original picture I didn't put top coat on because I was waiting for the polish to dry and had to leave before I got the chance, now I would never dream of not putting a top coat on! I also take a lot better care of my nails and cuticles, and my use of dotting tools is a lot smoother. 

Bows are one thing I haven't quite yet mastered. I'm also not a big fan of combining two chromes. 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment