Thursday, August 22, 2013

Nail Art August Day 8: Ombré

As always, I try and do something a little different than the general population when it comes to these nail art challenges, so today I did a polka dot ombré. There's a lot of debate when it comes to the difference between a gradient and ombre but to me a gradient is when two colours fade together on one nail and an ombré is when the colour goes from light to dark (or vice versa) and each nail is one solid colour. 


As soon as I saw ombré, I knew this is what I wanted to do. I love silver and purple together! 


Orly - Dazzle, Pure Ice - Jailbait, Color Club - Lavendarling,
Essie - Playdate, Essie - Under Where?, Revlon - Lily



I think these colours go really well together for the ombré. If you don't have a lot of polishes it's sometimes hard to get a perfect ombré but luckily most of my purples are similar so this worked out nicely! I don't think I'd be able to do an ombré with any other colour. Blue maybe, but it would be a little rougher than the purple. 

This mani also gave me a chance to practice my polka dots. I don't do them often because I never used to like them - I'm starting to now though! I was kinda shaky the day I did this mani and I know I could have done a better job, but looking at this mani as a whole I'm really pleased with how it turned out. This was also my first time using my new silver, Orly - Dazzle. It's a foil whereas my other silver (NOPI - Positive Energy) is a metallic. 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment