Sunday, February 10, 2013

Indie Polish: Forever Polished

Okay I'm becoming quite obsessed with indie polishes lately... I think it's absolutely amazing how so many laides have put so much time into creating gorgeous colours and combinations of glitter! 

Ashley's indie brand is called Forever Polished, and her polishes can be purchased through her Etsy shop. Also check out her Instagram

The two polishes I chose were Blue Smoke and Minty. Minty is now done but she's got some other holographic polishes which are also gorgeous! 





This first one is Blue Smoke. I'm not the biggest fan of blue but lately I've been kind of obsessed with really dark blues. Throw in some holographic glitter and I'm even more obsessed! The holo in this polish is nonlinear so it's a more subtle effect but the effect is still so pretty. This polish is WAY more breathtaking in person than it is in any of my pictures! Application was very good. You could get away with one semi thick coat of this, but I did two thin coats for perfect opacity. The polish got a bit thick after the first coat but it was still really easy to apply.




With flash:


This one is Minty. I've always loved mint polishes (I have way more than I thought I did!) so this polish was a nice addition to my collection. I love how the nonlinear holographic glitter is very subtle but still noticeable up close. Minty has less holo than Blue Smoke, and I prefer that since mint is a lighter colour than a bold dark blue. Application was good, I used two thin coats with no undies for the pictures below, but three coats would be ideal if you're using this polish on its own. Like Blue Smoke, this polish got a bit thicker after the first coat but I found this formula to be a bit thinner than Blue Smoke. The pictures make it look more see through than it actually is IRL. I don't find this shade of mint to be the most complementary with my skin tone but some undies with this as top coat might look better, but I still loved this polish.






This is only the second indie polish brand I've purchased and I'm very satisfied :) of the two polishes I got, I like Blue Smoke the best, but I still love both of them! Ashley also makes awesome soaps which are for sale in her Etsy shop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment