Monday, February 04, 2013

Indie Polish: Tryst Lacquers

Hey guys! I'm SO excited to tell you all about Tryst Lacquers, made by the lovely Kimberly Maranan! Visit her etsy shop here, and check out her facebook page! Not only are the three polishes I bought from her absolutely GORGEOUS, but they're also my very first indies! Kimberly is from Canada like me hehehe and I love supporting indie polish makers but I especially love supporting those from my own country! 

The three colours I got are: High School Sweetheart, Sweet Nothings, and What A Girl Wants. 

This is High School Sweetheart. It's a lovely white base with large pink hex, and smaller pink, magenta, and red hex. It's also got some tiny silver square glitters as well! I'm absolutely in LOVE with this polish, I'm wearing it right now! In fact, I will be wearing it for the next few days because it's just so pretty. 
Application was great, I had no difficulties placing the glitter. In the pictures below I've got two thin coats with no undies! Three thin coats would have given a bit more coverage but I'm totally okay with how this looks. There's just something so classy and elegant about white nails, but put some  girly glitter in it and your nails look fab! 






And here it is in the bottle:




Next I've got Sweet Nothings and What A Girl Wants. Sweet nothings is on my first and ring fingers, What A Girl Wants is on my middle and pinky fingers. Undies: Orly - First Kiss, Orly - Decoded.
Application was also very nice. Absolutely no difficulties with placing glitter like most glitter polishes. Photographed below are two coats of undies and two coats of glitter polish on top.

Sweet Nothings has a clear base with large copper hex, smaller magenta and dark blue hex, and tiny silver square glitter.




What A Girl Wants has a clear base with large pink and blue hex, medium lighter pink hex, and small and tiny periwinkle hex. I love love love this one because it's so girly!



Here are Sweet Nothings and What A Girl Wants in their bottles.



Anddd I tried to do a jelly sandwich but I shouldn't have used such a shimmery polish. I'll be using a nude next time! Even though this didn't turn out too well, I love these glitters for jelly sandwiches! The different sizes of glitters go really well together and I love how the polishes are dominantly one colour but they've got contrasting big hex glitters in them that your eyes are just drawn to!




Once again, thank you Kimberly! These polishes are amazing and I will definitely be buying some more Tryst Lacquers soon! 

2 comments: