Friday, February 01, 2013

Untried Polish: China Glaze - Pink Voltage

I was looking for the non-neon version of this polish for so long before I finally found it. I got it in a 3-pack from Nail Polish Canada. It came with Towel Boy Toy and Nova. It's just a classic bright pink, with a bit of pink shimmer. Although it's not neon, it's extremely hard to photograph, like most neons are. I tried my best with the pictures below, but they still aren't the true colour. I also added a reverse glitter gradient in Orly - Tiara. This is my first reverse glitter gradient, and I do like it, but it was a little difficult around the cuticles - you'll notice a pink area between sparkles and cuticle. 










These are the two colours I used for my simple mani.
China Glaze - Pink Voltage, Orly - Tiara

Application for this polish was fairly good. I used 3 coats to achieve full opacity. As with most CG's, the polish got a bit thicker and a little harder to work with after being open for a bit, but nothing that a cleanup didn't fix. Overall, this polish is very nice. I would love to use it on my toes! I must say though, I really do NOT like CG brushes! My favourites are the wide brushes with rounded ends, and the OPI ProWide brush. 

No comments:

Post a Comment