Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Gradient + Watermarble

This is my billionth attempt with watermarble and I'm finally pleased with how it turned out! Minus the bubbles on my middle finger :( I also took the opportunity to try out my acrylic paint and do a gradient. It's very subtle, I wanted the main focus to be the watermarble. I'm really pleased with how this mani turned out! 



I really like how easy the acrylic paint was to work with, but nail polish definitely lasts longer. I used seche vite on top and the paint started crackling underneath, but then it settled down. It's still slightly textured with two top coats. Clean up was a little weird as well. Acetone does remove the paint but it sort of peels, as opposed to nail polish just dissolving. Also, as I was doing dishes today the tips got some wear so my two pointer fingers are now chipped. 

I'd like to try a watermarble over a gradient, or a gradient watermarble next. I'm still a little undecided with whether I like wearing watermarble or not. It's pretty but it's a lot of work and it's hard to control the design sometimes. 

What are your favourite gradient or watermarble designs? Do you like combining them? 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment