Sunday, May 26, 2013

Grown Up Floral

Hey guys! So today I want to share with you this absolutely gorgeous design that is definitely one of my favourite designs yet! I saw a tutorial for this on YouTube. Click here to watch the video by MrCandiipants. I apologize for the staining around my pinky! 


This design is all freehand, something I need a little more practice with. I'm great with dotting tools but I find brushes a little more difficult to work with. That's what practice is for! The polishes I used are: Zoya - Jacqueline, L'Oreal - Devil Wears Red. 

The parts of this design I found most difficult were creating the centre of the flower and getting the little branches smooth. (They're not branches but I don't know what else to call them.) I couldn't get smooth dots with the brush, and I thought it was a little too thick but I couldn't be bothered to look at my other brushes to see if I had a thinner one. I think I do so I'll try that brush next time I do this design. 

I'd love to try this design with more contrasting colours! What are some of your favourite floral designs? 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment