Tuesday, March 12, 2013

NOTD: Jelly Sandwich


This is my first real attempt at a jelly sandwich, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. There's only a couple things I want to change for next time. 

First, I want to use a different base colour. For this one, I used a very light mint base from Love & Beauty and I think with the pink jelly on top it looks very grey. I'd like to use either the same jelly for the base but I also want to experiment with blue and purple bases.

Second, I want to use more glitter. I wanted to keep this mani very light and simple, and I do like how it looks but I think it would look even better with more glitter! 

To do this exact mani I used a coat of strengthener for the base coat. Then I put on two coats of an unnamed Love & Beauty polish (Forever 21). Next I used one coat of Tryst Lacquers - Sweet nothings (shop link here) topped off with two coats of Essie - Sugar Daddy and a coat of Seche Vite. 

You may  notice I filed my nails into almonds! The ManicureAddict was my inspiration for this, I absolutely adore her nail shape! I also have a black backdrop in my light box. I've heard it makes lighter and neon colours stand out more, whereas a white backdrop is better for darker, bolder colours. 



I'm curious, what are your go to jelly sandwich polishes? Base, glitter & jelly top coat?

XO Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment