Saturday, March 02, 2013

Zoya Lovely Collection - Spring 2013

Zoya's Lovely collection for Spring 2013 consists of 6 beautiful polishes - 3 shimmers and 3 cremes. I had been lusting over this collection for a couple months before it was finally available on NPC. I was most excited for Jacqueline and Blu, but I ended up loving the whole collection! 




The three shimmers are Piaf, Gie Gie, and Julie. 

The three cremes are Blu, Neely, and Jacqueline. 


Piaf is a light and subtle mustard colour with very pretty shimmer in it. Colours in the yellow family tend to look awful against my Asian-yellow undertoned skin, but I don't mind this one. I like it much better on than in the bottle and I'm considering wearing this some time! The formula was great as always. This is two thin coats and you can see some VNL but if you did one half coat just at the tips the problem would be gone. 





Gei Gei is a really pretty light pink. There are already so many pinks like this one, with and without shimmer so I don't find this colour too unique, but it fits in perfectly with the whole collection. Formula was great again, and to fix the VNL you'll probably need three coats of this polish plus maybe one more just at the tips. 



This gorgeous light purple is called Julie. I don't have anything else like it and I was instantly in love with it when I put it on. It's bright yet fairly subtle and soft, and the slight shimmer really just makes it prettier. Formula was great like Piaf and Gei Gei. I found that of the three shimmers, Julie had the best coverage. Shown below is two coats with minimum VNL. 


Blu is a very light blue. Compared to a couple other blues I have, this one has undertones of purple, making it a teeny bit like a super white washed periwinkle! I find the intense white undertone is a little harsh, although I personally don't mind it. I love this one! It was the polish I was most excited for when I bought the Lovely collection. Application was good, a little thicker than normal cremes and not too smooth but a good top coat will fix any problems. I used two coats for the photo below to achieve full opacity. 


Neely is a great mint colour. I love this one because it's a little deeper and bolder than most mints which are really light and pale. This colour feels whole and it's got a little essence of OPI - Mermaid Tears. I don't own that polish but I've seen so many pictures that I know what it looks like. Application wasn't as good as the three shimmers, but it was typical for a creme polish. Shown below is two coats to achieve full opacity. 


Of the whole Lovely collection, this is the polish that caught my attention the most simply because of the name - it's my youngest sister's name! I've also really been into neutrals lately so I really liked this one. It's neutral, but not enough so that it just blends into your skin. I don't really know how to describe the colour, Zoya says it's a peach undertone. This one is way prettier in person and I'm glad I got it! Application was good, two coats are shown below for full opacity. 


What are your favourite polishes from this collection? I don't think I can pick one... or two... or three... I have to pick four! I like Julie, Blu, Neely and Jacqueline best. I do also like Piaf and Gei Gei, but Piaf isn't my first choice for polish colour at all, and I didn't find anything too special about Gei Gei that makes it stand out from other light pink polishes I have. 

Happy Polishing! 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment