Saturday, March 16, 2013

St. Patrick's Day Nails

I didn't get a chance to do Valentine's Day nails last month so I really wanted to make sure I did something for St. Patrick's Day. I'm not too fond of green but I figured if I paired it with gold it wouldn't be so bad!


On all my fingers I used NOPI - The Next CEO for the base. Then I put NOPI - Disco Dolls on top. The green was a random brand, Bare Elements - Emerald Green.

I used binder reinforcers to create the half moons on my thumb, ring, and pinky, and I (attempted) a watermarble on my first and middle fingers. I really like how half moons look on my almond shaped nails! But I know I really need to work on my watermarble technique. Corynn Musser (@mucking_fusser) has the BEST watermarbles I've ever seen so next time I try I'm following her tutorial exactly. The watermarble looks more like it's supposed to on my left hand (first picture) however the colours are stronger on my right hand (second picture).




This mani didn't turn out half bad but I'm excited to be able to take it off after tomorrow. I really loved Disco Dolls though, I think it's a gorgeous gold with some copper tones and the medium multi coloured hex make this polish very unique.

Hope you all have a great St. Patrick's Day!

XO Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment