Friday, March 08, 2013

Zoya - Aurora

As soon as I saw a picture of this polish I knew I had to have it! Apparently so did everybody else, because while I was patiently waiting for mine to arrive, I noticed almost everyone posting swatches of it. 



Everyone said it's impossible to photograph this polish, and they are indeed correct. I've taken some different pictures of this polish so you can see the full effect, but even these pictures combined wouldn't do it justice. The polish is lighter IRL than in any of the pictures, simply because it has so much holo/glitter in it. And you can't tell in the pictures, but the holo is quite linear, more than I thought it would be. 



With flash, you can see just how much glitter is jam packed into this polish! It looks very speckled in the picture, but it's not as obvious IRL. 





Here are two pictures, both out of focus so you can see how much holo the polish really has. Still quite hard to capture but you can see it better in the bottle than on my nails. 

So we've already established how beautiful this polish LOOKS, but let me tell you about the application. I found this polish's formula extremely thick for Zoya which is really annoying, but it applied quite smoothly. Despite looking quite "dense", it's got a semi jelly finish so it took 3 thin coats to make it opaque. One thing I really like about this polish though is the fact that the holo glitter is tiny flakes as opposed to hex or square pieces. It makes the polish look a little more rustic and I just get a more natural feel since the shapes are very irregular. I didn't notice this until a day after I put the polish on, so if you're not a big fan of flakies, you don't have to worry about seeing them unless you look up close or do macro shots. 

This beauty is a must have in my opinion. It's a beautiful shade of purple to begin with, but with the teeny holo flakes, this colour just comes alive. 

Does anyone own own Blaze or Storm? I'm considering getting them since I love Aurora so much. 

XO Natashaa

No comments:

Post a Comment