Saturday, March 23, 2013

Quo by Orly - Prepster


I just wanted to do a really quick review on a new polish my mom bought me because I LOVE it! Lately I've really been going crazy for all sorts of blue polishes, and I didn't even think I liked blue! Apparently I do... This one caught my eye when I went into Shoppers Drug Mart. There were a couple other Quo polishes I liked but this one was absolutely gorgeous! Quo makes their own makeup but for their polish, it's by Orly. 

I do love Orly polishes and the formula and application was typical Orly. My only concern was the brush. It was cut evenly but at least 3 bristles came out as I was applying this polish! Talk about annoying! Like I said the formula and application were good. This polish is a little on the sheer side so it took 3 coats + an extra tip coat and you can still see some VNL. I don't really mind, because for the most part it's opaque, you only see the VNL in some lighting. 

The main reason I love this polish is because it's so unique. It stood out to me the first time I saw it but I fell even more in love with it when I put it on. This polish is so unique because it's a totally different colour depending on the lighting, and it photographs differently than it looks as well! I wish I could have gotten a couple pictures in my light box but I never got around to it. Sometimes this polish looks really dull and minty. Sometimes it looks teal - someone even told me it looks like a Tiffany blue. And sometimes it's just really bright blue. There's also a subtle shimmer in this polish which just makes it even prettier! It's so subtle and I wasn't sure I liked it at first but this polish wouldn't be the same without it. 

On top of being a pretty colour it's perfect for spring! Very light yet still fairly bold. As previously mentioned my only concern with this polish is the brush, but I think I just got a bad one. I'd like to try layering this polish over white & black to see how it looks! 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment