Saturday, July 06, 2013

Classy Glitter Gradient

If you read my posts or follow me on Instagram you'll know I really looove glitter gradients. Why? They're just so much quicker and easier to do than blending two colours together. It's a little tricky to master a glitter gradient because most people tend to go overboard. By that I mean too much glitter (yes, in this case, there is such a thing as too much glitter!). It just doesn't blend properly so you end up with basically two chunks of colour. Well, colour and glitter. 

I recently purchased OPI - Which is Witch? and it is SO beautiful I just had to force myself to use it. I tend to try to "preserve" or "save" pretty polishes... weird I know. I wanted to incorporate another untried so I figured I'd go with Essie - Bahama Mama to achieve a more elegant or classy look. It's not very summery, but it sure is pretty! I've never really been one to wear season appropriate manis anyway. 

Essie - Bahama Mama, OPI - Which is Witch?


I used three coats of Bahama Mama for full opacity. Not sure why my pointer finger looks darker, but this is without top coat. It's more purple in the light and fairly dark IRL. 





And here's the glitter gradient using Which is Witch?. I really love how this turned out! I'm even thinking of using this same glitter for my next mani! I don't remember the last time I did the same thing or used the same polish two manis in a row... 





I also really wanna try this in a jelly sandwich. I don't want to cover up all the beautiful holo but the glitter is so unique - hex, bar and micro - that I think it would look amazing! 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment