Friday, July 05, 2013

Sideways Neon Gradient

I always have a hard time deciding what to do on my nails, but I was scrolling through Instagram and was reminded of a beautiful gradient @sparrownails did a while ago. It was a sideways gradient using a light blue and a light purple, topped off with fairy dust. I wanted something a little brighter, so I chose two neons.


China Glaze - Pool Party, China Glaze - Orange Knockout, China Glaze - Fairy Dust
I sponged 2-3 coats of polish over two coats of white polish. My camera doesn't like neons too much, so I used my phone for the last picture. The colours don't look as bright on my phone but you can see the colour better. 




I really like how fairy dust ties a gradient together - it kind of blends it and hides any imperfections from sponging! Sorry for the messiness and shrinkage around my cuticles, I'm sure if you own China Glaze polishes and Seche Vite you know these two aren't best friends. 

There are a lot of different ways to do a gradient using a sponge, but I've found my method works quite well. I get the sponge wet first so the polish doesn't absorb too far into it. Then I paint polish onto the sponge and sponge my nails. I find sponging requires 3-4 coats to really be opaque. I know it uses a lot of polish but the results are so pretty :) If I'm doing a bit of a lighter gradient, or only sponging one colour as opposed to two or three, I put dabs of polish on a piece of glass and dab that with the sponge. 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment