Wednesday, July 03, 2013

China Glaze - Too Yacht To Handle


Today I have a swatch/review of Too Yacht To Handle from the China Glaze Sunsational collection for summer 2013. When I saw a picture of the bottle and some swatches, I thought it was very similar to Color Club - Blue-ming. But, as more people posted their swatches and reviews I learned it was like a brighter version of For Audrey and Aquadelic. Here is a comparison of the three polishes. They're all a little brighter IRL. 

Color Club - Blue-ming, China Glaze - Too Yacht To Handle, China Glaze - Aquadelic
While this colour is absolutely beautiful and definitely perfect for summer, the formula was  awful. I put one coat on and didn't think it was too bad, but after a second and third coat I realized that yes, this formula is just terrible. Even with three coats in the pictures below, there are still some bald spots because this polish is extremely prone to pulling. For best results I would recommend many extremely thin, smooth coats. Even then you'll probably have a hard time so you'll most likely have to dab extra polish on any bald spots, and finish with a nice self levelling top coat like Seche Vite. 



This polish is probably best for nail art, as opposed to being used over the whole nail. I'm picturing it as leopard spots or stripes! 

One other thing I really disliked about this polish is how prone to chipping it is. I know China Glaze tends to chip fairly easily but I always cap my tips and even then this polish chipped after a couple hours. I even put a second top coat on my thumb and that didn't help. Now, after one full day of wearing it there's larger chips at the sides of my nails where the free edge begins, and there's no reason for my nails to be chipping already, I did nothing all day. 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment