Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sideways Chevrons

I know I've been a little MIA the past two weeks, I was in Florida (at Universal) then I was visiting my mom for a week. She just moved so we're sorting out the house and unpacking! I was only able to paint my nails twice but I got a lot of new polish, you can see the picture on my instagram, @nailsbynatasha

This mani, like my first chevron mani, is inspired by @nailsofjessiek. I love how the slightly sideways placement of the tape just gives the mani a bit of a different look compared to traditional horizontal chevrons. 

Below are the polishes I used to create this look. 

Orly - First Kiss, China Glaze - Seduce Me
I started with three coats of First Kiss. I was going to use saran wrap to sponge some of Seduce Me onto my thumb, pointer, and pinky fingers but I didn't like how it turned out so I covered it with two coats. 


Here is my finished product. I took a couple tries to place the tape properly. At first I had it on a 45 degree angle but I didn't like that so I flattened it out a tad. I used two coats of Seduce Me on top of the tape. I put one top coat on, smoothed it down with a buffer and put another top coat on just so it wasn't super bumpy. 




I like how this is a spin on the classic horizontal chevrons, but I just feel like it's missing something. Like I mentioned earlier I wanted to do saran wrap nails on my thumb, pointer, and pinky fingers but I need more practice. I love the look of a nude and a contrasting colour for the chevrons though! I think this is something I'll do on my mom or one of my sisters soon. 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment