Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer Floral

I've really been into floral lately, but I haven't actually gotten around to doing floral nail art. It all just looks so beautiful but a little more time consuming than I wanted. But, I figured I would do it because my last mani was meant to be a palette cleanser. 

I started with a base coat of Nail Envy, of course. Then I decided to use one of my new polishes, Essie - Tart Deco. It's a beautiful peachy coral creme. I got it at Shoppers Drug Mart for $6.99, yay for sales! (Essie is usually $11.99 at the drug store and $9.99 at Walmart.) Tart Deco dried a little darker than in the bottle but I still love it. I decided to do purple flowers because I think they look great with peachy colours. I used white for my lines and dots because, well, isn't that the classic floral mani? 

Essie - Tart Deco, unnamed Love & Beauty, Essie - Playdate, Beauty Treats - White, Zoya - Midori 

I used a dotting tool for the dots, and a thin brush I bought on eBay for the stripes. 



For the flowers I used a few different sized dotting tools. To see a video tutorial on this flower technique I learned from trendypolish on Instagram, click here. Her flowers are a little bigger than mine, and so are the leaves. These flowers are so easy and pretty, you have to give them a try if you love floral :) 


After seeing how easy floral really is, I'm definitely going to be trying a lot more of it! 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment