Thursday, August 01, 2013

Nail Art August Day 1: Gradient

After my two weeks of doing nothing I've been kind of unmotivated to do any nail art, so the Nail Art August challenge by @californails on Instagram came just in time! I was actually planning on doing a gradient, and like I said August came at the perfect time. 

As you can see from this post's title, the theme for August 1st was a gradient. I really love how sideways gradients look and I figured I'd use two pretty bold colours. I chose two of my newer polishes, both from China Glaze's Sunsational collection. I used Fairy Dust on top, of course. 

China Glaze - Too Yacht To Handle, That's Shore Bright, Fairy Dust


I'm not sure what to call this look, but on every nail I like switching the direction of the gradient so it looks like the two colours switch back and forth between nails. It only takes a little more effort and I really like how it looks! 

I just paint polish onto a slightly saturated makeup sponge and sponge the polish onto my nail. I find three coats is usually enough to make the polish opaque. I usually use a fine sponge but this time I used one that wasn't as fine. A lot of girls have said it makes the polishes blend together better, and I thought that would be useful considering I was using two contrasting colours. With such big holes though I found the sponge a bit harder to control. My middle finger didn't turn out quite as good as the others; my ring finger is my favourite. 



I know it's only the first day but I'm really glad I'm doing this challenge! Sometimes I just need a little help when it coms to nail art and deciding what to do haha! 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment