Friday, June 07, 2013

Mint Ombre


I've always wanted to do an ombre, but I never got around to it because I always wanna try new designs and this is so simple. A lot of people interchange the words gradient and ombre, it's really up to you what you call this but this is what I mean when I say ombre - each nail is a solid colour and on your hand the colours fade from light to dark or dark to light. 


I don't have a full spectrum of shades in one particular colour except mint. The shades are all over the place and it's hard to match tones. I'm really pleased with how this turned out! If I could change one thing it would be the colour of my pointer fingers, I think it didn't transition as nicely as it could have, so I'll have to stay on the hunt for a polish that colour! 



The polishes I used from light to dark were: China Glaze - Re-Fresh Mint, Zoya - Neely, Revlon - Minted, Essie - Turquoise & Caicos, China Glaze - Aquadelic. Minted looks very green in the pictures of the bottle but IRL it's not. 





All polishes only required two coats for full opacity, except Turquoise & Caicos which was three coats. 



I really liked this at first but after a couple days I was starting to hate it. Well, not hate, that's a strong word. I just began to dislike it, a lot. I wanted something new, I was bored. 


What do you do to your ombre mani to jazz it up a bit? Or do you just leave it plain? 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment