Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Orly Glowstick

Hey guys! Today I'm just showing you a polish that I've used before, many times. It's Orly - Glowstick. It's the brightest polish I own! It literally feels like a highlighter, on my nails. Looove it. My best friend also happens to be obsessed with it; I did it on her toes and a week later she wanted her nails to match. 


I recently bought some loose glitter on ebBay. It was around $5 or $6 for 24 small jars of glitter! As soon as I got them I rearranged it all into rainbow order, yes I do realize I have OCD... but I knew I had a super bright glitter that matched Glowstick! 


I started by painting her nails with a base coat of strengthener (of course) then one coat of white. My white is pretty opaque so I only needed one coat. If your white is thinner it's best to do two coats so you have a better background for any neon polishes. Then I did two coats of Glowstick. Usually I do three coats, but today I only needed two. While the second coat was still wet on the middle and ring fingers, I dumped glitter onto those nails and pressed down gently so the glitter stuck to the wet polish. I turned her hand upside down and tapped off most of the excess glitter, but around the cuticles I just brushed the glitter off using a makeup sponge. I topped it off with a thick coat of Seche Vite. The nails with glitter dried textured, which you can leave if you want, but I added another top coat to smooth them out. 

One thing I love about Glowstick is that it glows in the dark! 




We're both really pleased with how these nails turned out! And I'm even more excited to use my glitter! 

What are some of your favourite things to do with loose glitter? 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment