Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Mix 'n' Match: Ruffian & Striping Tape

A ruffian is something I've been wanting to try for a while, and like most things it took me forever to actually do it. I thought just a ruffian would be a little plain, so I decided to do some striping tape on my middle and ring fingers. 


I started with Nail Envy as my base coat, of course. Then I put one coat of NOPI - Positive Energy. It's my absolute favourite silver! I'm on the hunt for more silvers so if you have any suggestions let me know! Next I put two coats of Orly - Tiara on. I love how sparkly this looks! I do it quite often for my friends. 


I did the ruffian on my thumb, first and pinky fingers. The middle and ring fingers got some striping tape designs. The light periwinkle is Pure Ice - Bikini. Now that I see it on, I think it's more of a dusty blue. I wasn't a big fan of this at first, but after a couple hours I really do like it. I wanted a mani that was a palette cleanser of sorts so I chose my new Pure Ice polish. It's very light and I thought it would look great with silver. 


I really like how a ruffian is very simple yet still has a little flare to it. I'll probably do these more often, I need some practice with making the line smooth though! 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment