Thursday, June 13, 2013

Reverse Gradient with Bar Glitter

Whenever I come home to visit my mom and sisters I plan out my designs ahead of time so I know what colours to bring with me. I tend to stick to really simple things because there's always so much to do, and so many peoples nails to do I usually don't have time for myself. I figured a glitter gradient was the perfect opportunity to do two things: use an untried and play around with my bar glitter. 

I only have two bar glitters, one of which is about 9 years old from Claire's in England. It reeks and is super gloopy! Plus it takes forever to dry. My other one is by Nicole by OPI, it's called Fabulous is my Middle Name. The other polish I used was a Sephora by OPI. There's no Sephora around me at school so when I was at home about a month and a half ago I decided to spoil myself and purchase a couple. The pink I got is called Seeing Pink Elephants. When I held these two together I knew it was meant to be! 


I'm usually quite good at glitter gradients, but I tend to be less than good when I do reverse gradients. Also I find when I'm sort of rushing it turns out awful. This is why I don't really like my nails as a glitter gradient, but they do look cool. 



When doing glitter gradients, do you prefer a normal gradient or a reverse gradient? 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment