Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Nail Art August Day 10: Match OOTD


Most of my clothes don't have very complicated designs so I knew right away I would match my nails to this romper for today's challenge! I don't even remember where I got this romper, but I was in love with the tribal-ish pattern and how it was strapless with the extra ruffle at the bust. It also has pockets which is something my sister and I go crazy for in rompers and dresses hahaha. 


Here are the polishes I used. I really love these colours together, they're nice and contrasting and the purple, pink and orange add just a little girliness.


China Glaze - Turned Up Turquoise, China Glaze - Aquadelic, Pure Ice - Jailbait,
N.Y.C. - Pink Promenade, OPI - A Good Mandarin is Hard to Find,
Sally Hansen - Barracuda, Joe Fresh - Mocha 

In the picture of my nails above it's a little hard to see the difference between the pink and orange so here are my nails with flash.



The stripe part of this mani was easy as pie, I only struggled a bit with the tribal parts. I didn't plan for my nails to come out kind of similar - with tribal at the tops and just stripes at the free edge of my nails but that's how the pattern got divided up.

On my pointer finger the design is supposed to be white X's with a bit of pink and brown accents. I tried really hard to feather the design on my pointer, middle, and ring fingers. The problem with working with polish is that it dries so quickly that you have to get fresh polish every time it starts becoming tacky.



These nails were really fun to wear but they wouldn't be my first choice of nail art. I enjoyed replicating a pattern onto my nails but I found parts of it to be a little difficult, which is good because it got me trying a couple new designs that I wouldn't have normally tried!

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment