Saturday, August 31, 2013

Nail Art August Day 11: School

I knew right away I wanted to do little pencils for today's nail art challenge. I feel like I can't do some nail art because of the shape of my nails, but these pencils were perfect for my shape! 


Here are the polishes I used: 



Orly - First Kiss, Zoya - Kylie, Sally Hansen - ,
Sinful Colours - , NOPI - Positive Energy 

For this mani I started out by painting all my nails with three coats of Orly - First Kiss. I then painted the eraser part of the pencils, as well as the yellow part. I used a dotting tool to create a little ruffle on the bottom to imitate a real pencil's ruffles. Next I used a striping nail art brush to paint a bit of a darker shade of yellow lines down the length of the pencil. I then used the same striping nail art brush to paint silver lines horizontally to imitate the piece of metal that attaches the eraser to the pencil. I finished by adding some black to the tips of my nails. 


And here's a fun shot of this mani!




I'm really pleased with how this mani turned out! I would like to fix a couple things if I ever tried it again though. I would have liked the ruffles on the pencil to be a bit bigger, a larger area of the wood (between the yellow pencil and black lead) and more evenly shaped lead tips. I really think these colours are perfect together for this mani though!

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment