Friday, August 16, 2013

Nail Art August Day 6: Animal Print

Up until now the only real animal print I ever did was leopard. I tried giraffe on my sister once but it didn't turn out as well as I hoped, though it still looked neat. (It actually kind of looked like a dinosaur egg!) Since these nail art challenges are meant to push you out of your comfort zone and try things you maybe never would otherwise, I wanted to attempt all different kinds. 


I would do leopard on one nail of course, but I also wanted to do giraffe and zebra. I needed one more for the last nail and I saw someone did cow spots so that was my inspiration. On my practice fingers I did zebra about 5 times, giraffe once and cow once. I did my nails and I was really happy with them but I knew there had to be something I could do on my thumb... tiger print! I practiced on the finger again and liked it a lot. 

After one day of staring at the cow print I didn't like it because it didn't really match the rest of the prints. I searched cheetah but it's just plain dots. I decided to do a bunch of little c's. I've seen some people do this design for leopard but without the coloured spots inside it's not actually leopard, and I know it's not cheetah but that's what I'm calling it!

For these nails I really wanted to keep the colours as close as possible to the real animals so there was no doubt at all which print was which. 

OPI - A Good Mandarin is Hard to find, NOPI - The Next CEO, Orly - Buried Alive,
Zoya - Piaf, Joe - Mocha, Zoya - Jacqueline 



I really want to do a crocodile/alligator print someday. I tried it on a practice finger but it didn't turn out at all. A green print would look really cool since most of the colours are browns/blacks/whites. 

I'm very pleased with how this mani turned out and I have a feeling my friends are going to request it once they see it! I'd also like to maybe try doing these nails with funky colours, although the giraffe might look a little odd. I think the tiger, leopard, zebra and cheetah would still be pretty distinguishable though :) 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment