Monday, August 19, 2013

Stiletto to Square

WAHHH. Okay so if you know me you know I'm totally obsessed with my nail shape. I used to call it almond, some people call it stiletto, but I now think it's a hybrid of oval and stiletto. Actually they're a little flatter and less pointy than I like them in the pictures below but if you look at my previous posts or follow me on instagram you can see slight variations in the shape. 


Tomorrow I'm starting a new (sort of) job at McDonald's. I worked there for two years before but it's been a year since I last worked there. The length of my nails wasn't a problem, and I'm sort of okay with the no nail polish rule. I mean it sucks of course, but I'll be making money so it was fine. I'm only allowed one piercing per ear though, and I have six on each ear. Taking out my lobe piercings, three on each ear, is easy but the others are a little more fiddly. If I'm gonna be constantly switching earrings around, it's gonna take around an hour each time with the length of my nails. SO I decided to chop them off :( They also were a little unhealthy from lack of care the past few days. 



I also needed a change. I love love love my nail shape but actually shaping them was getting a bit annoying. When I first got into nails the square shape was my favourite but it never lasted long because the "wings" always broke off. I decided to try square nubs again and then as they grow out file them round, then finally back to my original shape. 



I know my nails are going to be so much healthier like this and while it kills me that I have nubs (I think they make my hands look like man hands) I'm excited to, once again, watch them grow out. I'm also looking forward to trying some nail art that's more suited towards square nails and that would have looked odd and out of place on my original shape. 

I soaked my nails in warm water for a few minutes then used a pair of straight nail clippers to cut my nails. I cut them a bit longer so I could file the rest. When you use clippers you risk damage to your nails so I recommend cutting them longer so you can file down to the length you want. Then I used a finer file to smooth out the edges and finished by doing my cuticles. Sorry there's some cuticle messiness in the pictures above, I was too keen on taking pictures haha. 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment