Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Nail Art August Day 5: Cutsey

Alright so when I think of "cutsey" I think of bows. I really wanted to add bows on this mani but I'm awful at drawing them with dotting tools. I have a stamping plate that has a bow on it but I'm no good at placement so it would have turned out messy (I practiced about 1o times and still decided against it!) I still think this mani is really cute the way it is and I'm happy with how it turned out :) 

I began by using binder reinforcements to create half moons. The green/mint polish is Essie - First Timer. This was an untried, and I love it! It dries a little different than the bottle colour, though. It's a little darker and a little more green when dry. 

I used dotting tools for the dots, obviously, and I used a thin brush for the stripes. I'm not happy with my middle finger stripes. I usually begin on my thumb (because you can barely see it so it doesn't matter if I mess up) but for whatever reason I forgot and started on my middle finger. By the time I got to my pinky the stripes were perfect though! 


Here's my mani with the bottle. I'm not sure if you can see the polish colour difference in the bottle vs on my nails. It's very slight.


I never really used to like dots but I'm starting to after this mani and one I did a while ago, my summer floral nails. I've always loved stripes and I'm glad I'm getting better at freehanding them with a brush, it's so much faster than tape!

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment