Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Nail Art August Day 3: Character

As soon as I saw today's nail art challenge was "character" I knew exactly what I wanted to do! MINIONS! They are one of my absolute favourite characters. I was recently at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida and let me just tell you... it was minion heaven! 




I've seen a lot of amazing minion nails so if you're looking to do minion nails on yourself there's a ton of inspiration out there. I try to plan out my nail art as much as possible on paper before I actually start on my nails so I have some sort of idea what to do. One thing I don't do that I should start is doing test runs on my practice fingers, after all that's what they're for! 

Here are all the polishes I used for this mani: 


Sally Hansen - Mellow Yellow, OPI - Suzi Says Feng Shui, Orly - Dazzle,
Beauty Treats - White, Joe - Mocha, Rimmel - Black Satin 

I started with three coats of yellow. I used striping tape to section off the bottom part for overalls then I used dotting tools to create the straps of the overalls. I did silver dots for the goggles, added black straps on the sides, then did the eyes - white dots with brown for the iris and black pupils (but I'm not sure if you can tell I did black pupils in the pictures). I added little G's (for Gru) on the overalls and did black mouths. I used dotting tools for everything except the hair - for that I used a fine brush. I wanted to do teeth and a tongue but I was afraid I would mess it up so I kept the mouths simple.





Aren't minions just the cutest things ever?! When I did these nails I hadn't seen Despicable Me 2 yet but I knew there were evil purple minions... Well I just watched it last night and I think they would be hilarious on my nails! 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment