Sunday, August 25, 2013

Nail Art August Day 9: Bold

I won't lie, I had a little bit of difficulty figuring out what to do for this challenge. Bold to me is anything that pops. At first I thought neon, then I thought maybe colour blocking or some sort of design, like a tape mani, that would be really drastic. But I wasn't happy with either of those ideas. Bold to me also means contrast. So, having fairly light skin I decided to go with a really dark colour. 

I recently purchased OPI - Ink and now was the perfect time to use it! I obviously couldn't do just a solid colour so I chose to add some rhinestones. I've used these triangle rhinestones before (purchased from the Born Pretty Store) on my Taylor Swift Nails. In that mani I placed the rhinestones at the base of my nails, this time I placed them at the tips for an extra claw-like look. 

You may have realized I love simple manis, and yes, I absolutely adored this one. Normally I'd put a top coat on after the rhinestones but I knew I would be taking this mani off very soon so I put the rhinestones on top of the top coat. 


Aren't those rhinestones just gorgeous?!



Ink looks a little dark in the picture above, but IRL you can really see the duochrome flakies or whatever is in that bottle. I have no idea, all I know is it's magical. Ink is very similar to another OPI polish I own, called Russian Navy. RN is also a navy blue with pink glitter. The difference is that RN is a blackened navy blue and the glitter is very slight, whereas Ink is a bit more jelly (though opaque in two coats) with significantly noticeable pink flakes/glitter. I originally had a picture holding the two bottles together but it came out blurry :( 



I'm kind of loving this hand pose lately... 



Ink sure is a beauty! 



I felt like a bit of a witch with this mani... first of all because I have pointy nails but even more so because the triangle rhinestones accent the pointy nails. I really felt like I had claws! 

XO Natasha 

No comments:

Post a Comment